Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bsmithUI
Advocate I
Advocate I

Text Analytics

So I wanted to explore using text analytics in Power BI Desktop, I have enabled the AI function browser in preview features...restarted, signed in using my organizational account....insured the AI capacities are running in the premium tenant, and insured that the "Use in Power BI Desktop" feature is on under AI as well...and I still get "No Text Analytics functions available at this time. Please make sure you have access to a premium capacity with the AI workload enabled." error message in PBI Desktop.

Is there some other setting I need to enable on the capacity or tenant for this to function correctly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bsmithUI 

The issue has been passed to our internal team, and it's added as a known issue:

Impact
PowerBI Desktop users will not be able to see any TextAnalytics or Vision AI functions in the PowerQuery experience in Power BI Desktop Nov Release, even though they have access to premium workspaces. This is a new preview feature that was enabled in the November release of PowerBI Desktop.
Workaround
The workaround is to contact the capacity admin for a premium workspace that users have access to and then toggle & Apply the "Allow Usage from PowerBI Desktop" setting under the AI workload section of the capacity settings experience in the admin portal. They need to turn off and turn on the setting. Then restart the capacity.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bsmithUI 

The issue has been passed to our internal team, and it's added as a known issue:

Impact
PowerBI Desktop users will not be able to see any TextAnalytics or Vision AI functions in the PowerQuery experience in Power BI Desktop Nov Release, even though they have access to premium workspaces. This is a new preview feature that was enabled in the November release of PowerBI Desktop.
Workaround
The workaround is to contact the capacity admin for a premium workspace that users have access to and then toggle & Apply the "Allow Usage from PowerBI Desktop" setting under the AI workload section of the capacity settings experience in the admin portal. They need to turn off and turn on the setting. Then restart the capacity.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

I have purchased Premium per user. If I open the Capacity under admin console, it is showing me to purchase the plan. I am getting this error while trying to access Text analytics "no text analytics functions available at this time. Please make sure you have access to premium capacity with AI workload enabled". Please help me to resolve.

FYI - This worked perfectly for me, I did not have to restart the capacity actually. Just toggling that Power BI Desktop option did it. Thanks!

Thank you! I will be giving that a try during off-hours! 

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bsmithUI 

AI insights in Power BI is a preview feature and must be enabled. To enable it, select File > Options and settings > Options, then select Preview features from the left column. In the right pane is an AI Insights function browser selection. Check the box beside AI Insights function browser to enable the preview feature. You'll need to restart Power BI Desktop for the preview feature change to take effect.

1.PNG

Please note that DQ mode is not supported.

Please kindly look through the official documents for more reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-ai-insights#using-text-analytics-and-vision 

quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@bsmithUI Can you make sure you are logged in Power BI Desktop to the tenant on which Premium capacity is running

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yep, I did confirm that account is on the tenant with the premium capacity.

@bsmithUI can you also confirm under data source, update the credentials for AI Functions 

image.png

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Thanks for that suggestion, I did go update the credentials there as well...but am still getting the error. I'm going to try to reinstall the latest version of Power BI. I am not sure if that will have any impact.

Unfortunately that did not.

'Hmmm I'm using it for a but now. Will check later today and see if I can reproduce the issue at my end.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.