Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panidepus
Regular Visitor

Teradata Database connector doesn't work

I get the following error while accessing Teradata Database to "Get Data".

I have installed the latest PowerBI. Also installed Teradata drivers includeing .NET data providers for Teradata. However i contiue to I get the follwing error. I have tried all sorts of un-install and re-install and clear the registries but no luck. Even i tried 32 bit version on my 64 bit laptop but no use. Can anyone help on this?

"Teradata Database

this connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used. "

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
BTDataWrangler

Were you able to find a solution to your problem?  I have tried on three different company laptops and I get the same error.   Each laptop has the latest powerbi (Version: 2.56.5023.861 32-bit (March, 2018),  .NET Data Provider for Teradata 16.20.1, and the latest .NET framework.   The only downside is the operating systems are windows 7.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@panidepus,

I can not reproduce the issue. Try to download the latest version of Power BI Desktop and also check the Readme file.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.