Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cado_one
Resolver III
Resolver III

Tenant error when trying to connect a Poser BI dataset

Hello,

I have a Power BI dataset published on the Service.

When trying to connect to this dataset on Desktop, I have this error 

Hello,

I have a Power BI dataset published on the Service.

When trying to connect to this dataset on Desktop, I have this error

Capture d’écran 2021-04-01 103820.png

I did not found any similar issue among the existing topics, does someone knows how to solve it ?

Best regards,

Cado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-jingzhang 

Finally it turns out that my company is blocking the possibility to use DirectQuery for Power BI datasets because this is a feature in preview so there could be updates to come which makes my work useless...

Do you know when this feature will be accepted as an official one ?

Regards,

Cado

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Cado_one 

Does this issue still occur now? I have always thought one can only connect to a dataset which is in the same tenant as his account. Never saw such issue...

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi @v-jingzhang 

Yes the issue is still on going... I did not find anything about this error on the community either.

Can I provide you any other detail to investigate on this ?

Regards,

Cado

Hi @Cado_one 

I think this issue needs to be investigated from the backend side. I would suggest that you can open a support ticket at https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET". If you have a Pro account it is free. 

Regards,

Jing

Hi @v-jingzhang 

Finally it turns out that my company is blocking the possibility to use DirectQuery for Power BI datasets because this is a feature in preview so there could be updates to come which makes my work useless...

Do you know when this feature will be accepted as an official one ?

Regards,

Cado

Hi @Cado_one 

We don't know when this feature will be generally available. Currently, some new updates of this feature are continuously announced in the monthly new feature summary blog. And the development team has been collecting feedbacks for this preview feature and developing updates.

You could get the latest news about new features from Power BI Blog—Updates and News. You could also provide some feedbacks for this feature at Share your thoughts on DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview)

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak 

The dataset does not require a Gateway, it is a local model connected in DirectQuery mode to an other Power BI Dataset which gets its data source from Azure Analysis Services database.

On Power BI Service, the dataset settings says I don't need Gateway because every data sources are in the cloud

Capture d’écran 2021-04-01 113033.png

@Cado_one , after publishing you need to set credentials in service, check under data refresh. Have you done that and it is still giving issue?

@amitchandak 

Yes credentials are okay with Oauth2 authentication

Capture d’écran 2021-04-01 114326.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.