Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Temporary (manual) workarounds for distributing reports in the the free version?

Hi,

I've had a Power BI Pro implementation delayed by a larger project in the company. If I was to create the reporting using the free version is there a way I can manually distribute the reports? I can use screen grab if the report fits within the page view and send as emails, but what do I do if the report extends beyone page so that I have to scroll? Can I save the entire page as if it was a webpage and send that file? Any other ideas?

Thanks,

CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CloudMonkey,

You can try other two options in my first post. As you are free user, there is less feature to share reports.

You can try the Pro trail and let receipts upgrade to Pro Trial as well to share reports follow this: Share dashboards and reports with colleagues and others.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CloudMonkey,

As you are Power BI free user,

1.  You can export the report to PowerPoint then share exported file with other colleagues. See: Export reports from Power BI to PowerPoint (Preview).

2. If the report doesn't contain any sensitive data, you can use Publish to web feature and share the link with users.

3. If the users have installed the Power BI desktop on their machine, you can just share the PBIX file. Please note the user can't refresh data if they can't access the data sources.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Qiuyun,

Thank you, for the powerpoint export is it possible to use a slicer? (I have 5 regions so would like to export 6 pdf's - one for each of the 5 regions plus one for the 5 regions combined)

Thanks,

CM

Hi @CloudMonkey,

Slicer is not supported after export to PowerPoint, see below limitation:

In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

I've tried the powerpoint export but it doesn't work if the visualisation is large enough to need the user to scroll. Are there any other solutions?

Hi @CloudMonkey,

You can try other two options in my first post. As you are free user, there is less feature to share reports.

You can try the Pro trail and let receipts upgrade to Pro Trial as well to share reports follow this: Share dashboards and reports with colleagues and others.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.