Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Template for multiple datasets?

Good morning! First, I would like to say that I am very new to Power BI and I apologize if I use the wrong terms. 

Basically, I am trying to figure out a good way to create a template that will display information from any dataset that I choose. Currently, I am using Alteryx to create a powerpoint for a specific Drug at a specific store. The powerpoint is then reviewed and a determination is made. What I would like to do is have Alteryx create a standardized excel file that can be selected in power BI to populate the report. 

The part that I am unsure of, is how to make a report with an interchangable dataset. I am also open to creating a report that connects directly to the database, but I am not sure how to make it easy for the end user to do. Currently, in Alteryx I have it set as an iterative macro, which pulls each store and drug combo and then creates a powerpoint for that. In a perfect world, I would love if I had the ability to input a store number and an NDC into a field in the report, and it updated the WHERE statement in the query.

Not sure if either of these are things that can be done in Power BI, but I thought that I would give it a shot.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

It seems you want to change the source path dynamically,right?If so,please refer to this similar post.Below is the article for more details.

https://biinsight.com/power-bi-desktop-query-parameters-part-1/

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.