Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wzkoral
Advocate II
Advocate II

Teams workgroup as RLS filter in Power BI

Hi

How to use Teams Worgruop name to RLS Filter Power Bi raport published in this Teams gruop
We have group for every big client and we want to have filtered to only this client data raport shown.

We have one raport os whole sale with RLS to Key Acount level , but now we want to deeper with filtering .
We share this raport with link and in link is added filter with client number and it was working until update of Teams. Link is fine and worki but u have click link it dosent star in Teams.

4 REPLIES 4
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wzkoral 

You need a dynamic RLS to your report for different clients.  Below are the references for desktop and serivce.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-rls

Best Regards,
Kelly

I know and we already have dynamic RLS with userprincipalname() DAX function. But we need anather dynamic filter by User group in Teams.

One person have few clients and in specyfic client workgroup raport should shown only data for that person and that client .
That why we are looking how to read workgroup name from teams to Power BI , rest to do RLS with it its easy.

Hi @wzkoral

First,you need to create a group table,such as below:

Annotation 2020-02-18 164131.png

Then make a definition about each group returns what kind of value.

For the reference,you can turn to the blog here.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

But i need to get the MS Teams workgroup name. Not workgroup with I specife by my self in the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.