Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emmz18

Teams CQD when I try to switch to Import method rather than Direct Query no data is retrieved

Hi - I am trying to use the Microsoft CQD which as per guidance I initially set up as a Direct Query - due to limitations on data transformation I have tried to switch to Import - when I do this there is no data coming through to the Query1 table

2 REPLIES 2
emmz18

It seems to be the volume of data from the CQD that was causing the issue when I removed a number of columns and added some filters it will preview data in the power query. However when I tried to apply changes in power bi I get CQD Error 3 - this error message does not seem to be listed in the CQD data notes so I am unsure if what the issue is? 

for context the end goal is to get data from CQD into a SQL DB so any suggestions on the best way to do this would be appreciated 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@emmz18 , when you change it import mode, make sure data load pop up has come and data is loaded. Else you should see the pending changes bar on top.

Or Open power Query and check do see any error, if yes try to resolve that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.