Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Team Averages and Frequency Help

Hello

I'm new to Power BI so please forgive me if I'm a little oblivious. Also I apologise but due to the nature of the work I am unable to share any direct data and have had to alter some of the information below to anonymise things. If I have done too poor a job of explaining the situation and outcomes required I will get to work putting together a mock sample for anyone who can spare some time.

I have a spreadsheet of worklogs submitted by staff from two different teams with over 5000 entries each month. I am trying to create a line and stacked column chart that will show the number of worklogs submitted each day with a line for the daily average and adding a slicer to filter through the different members of staff who have made a submission. Something similar to the below:

image.png

I currently have 3 tables set up:

- Team Worklog Data - CSV data of all the worklog submissions, 5000+ rows, 15 columns including names, dates and type of work. I have added a calculated column in here to display team name of the user for other purposes.

- Staff List - list of all staff who use the worklog and the corresponding team they work for

- Count of Worklogs - table with caluclated columns to get a daily breakdown of the worklogs submitted

Calculated column1 = 

Daily Worklog Count = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
                                  'Team Worklog Data'[date created],
                                   "Daily Worklog Count",count('Team Worklog Data'[workcompleted])
                                     )

Calculated column2 =

Average Daily Worklog Count = 'Count of worklogs'[Daily Worklog Count]/(calculate(countrows('Staff List'),filter('Staff List', 'Staff List'[Team]="Team 1")))

The measures I'm using for this are:

" Total Work = Count('Table1' [workcompleted]) "

Column Values: " Team1 Total work = calculate([total work], 'Table1'[TeamNo]="Team1") "

Line Values: " Average Daily Worklog Count = 'Count of Daily Worklogs'[Total Daily Count]/(calculate(countrows('Staff List'),filter('Staff List', 'Staff List'[Team]="Team1")))

I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to get the line value correct for the above graph. The value I am using now includes both teams, while I only want Team1 to be included. I suspect I'm missing something obvious and easy here for how to filter what I already have to only include 'team1'? Would there be an easy way to make this dynamic for the days and not just an average for the month?

The other question I had is for the simplest way to count and tabulate the number of days staff submitted a worklog, bearing in mind they will have submitted multiple worklogs each day. For some context the sum/frequency formula I would use for this in excel was:

=SUM(--(FREQUENCY(IF(F1:F100=A1,MATCH(T1:T100,T1:T100,0)),ROW(T1:T100)-ROW(T1)+1)>0))

I understand this is easily achieved with visuals and slicers/filters etc but I need this in a data/table format so that it can be used for further calculations.

Thank you in advance for any help/advice you can offer, sorry for the long post and potentially countless confusing errors included above!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try using AVERAGEX and SUMX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may try using AVERAGEX and SUMX.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.