Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Task report

Hi all,

Again apologies for what is probably a really simple query.

I'm planning on creating a report that includes upcoming and overdue tasks. At the moment I have the Project Owner showing in the table, but that isn't any good for me as there will be times tasks are assigned to other people other than the owner, so I want to show the task and the assigned resource. Doing a search others have mentioned using the resourceid column, but in my Tasks table I have no such column. I'm also trying to figure out how to identify the inactive tasks but again no luck so far. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the delayed response. I figured out where I was going wrong. I had forgotten I had a filter in place at the query level and the inactive tasks that were showing were ones that still had a resource assigned. So all sorted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As your description, Creating a calculated column or custom column should help you. Kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for the delayed response. I figured out where I was going wrong. I had forgotten I had a filter in place at the query level and the inactive tasks that were showing were ones that still had a resource assigned. So all sorted.
adambhappy
Resolver II
Resolver II

This question doesn't seem related to Power BI but rather the specific task management/project management system you are using?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

Apologies I probably should have been a little clearer. I am creating the report in Power BI connected to my Project Web App data source.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.