Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joemillson
Frequent Visitor

Target reference lines - creating from a related table

Hi, 

We are using an Access Web App (AWA) to collet basic data such as Invoices and Leads, and this is connected to a Power BI dashboard.

We would like to be able to show on, say, Invoices in Power BI what a target level would be. However, we really would like this target level, and the data driving it, to be managed from our AWA instead of someone having to go into Power BI and add a reference line.

We've added a table called 'Targets' thinking that we could then reference from their, however I'm stuck now, and not sure if it's more sensible to have the targets directly in each table (ie Invoice, Leads) separately, or even have them somewhere in our Date table, as they will all need to be plotted along a time axis.

So, is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not believe that currently the Analytics pane supports using measures or columns as their value, they are currently only static values that you manually put in.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for your feedback. I know that I could just use a line and bar combo chart to create the target line, so I don't think it's necessary to use the Analytics pane anyway.

I think my problem is more around how to get the data that would drive that line from a source in AWA instead of doing it by going into Power BI and adding a column and '=2000' for example. I know we could do that, but we would really want our people to be just using one UI for data input, and Power BI for analytics. 

Cheers

Hi @joemillson,

You want create a User Interface(UI) for inputting the data, right? If it is, we are not able to acieve it in PowerBI desktop. It should write script, you'd better post your issue to corresponding forum for professional support. Thank you for understanding. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.