Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

baneworth
Helper II
Helper II

Target Line on combo graph

Having difficulties finding a DAX which works

I have Targets for Q1,Q2,Q3,Q4 and many different products

pwoerbiforum.JPG

I created Slicers for Product (only one product shown at a time), Month and Year.

Product column from this table is linked to Main Table(used for chart).

What i am trying to do now is, once i select a product it should show the correct Target as a line (Best case scenario with correct Quarter as well). I am also fine with 1 quarter setup only and change them manually once the quarter is done. 

I am struggling with the correct DAX for this

Best regards and thank you

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@baneworth I'm sure it is doable but it will be much easier if you can provide a sample pbix file with your data (remove sensitive info before sharing), it will help to provide the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

https://lamresearch-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/p/matthias_wrolich/EWLPYmZ8BUBEswjzUckmge4BwUJAOHfwQ3Olnve...

Please let me know if this Link works for you

The data tables providing data for this problems are "Target" & "vwLPR"

Best regards

Hi,

Due to community security policy, I'm unable to sign in your link by my personal account.
In order to solve your issue, could you please share the file via OneDrive for Business?

Best Regards,
Giotto Zhi

@baneworth you can redact your data and share it thru onedrive

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

That should do it

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYSFePTjcs5khhDalNPb0iEivGi?e=Urc93u

sorry, it is the first time i make use of it

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your file.

I extract some data to create a simple sample to test:

75.PNG

Please try to unpivot the four Quater columns:

71.PNG

After Apply&Close, Choose [Attribute] as X-axis and [Product] as Legend and [Value] as Value:

72.PNG

When you select one product, it shows:

74.PNG

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Thanks for your input Giotto but i am afraid i cant use it like that, as you maybe saw in the sample file i have to attach the Quarter targets to the already created "Line and stacked column" chart as the Line value.

biforum.JPG

Best regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.