Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smather
Helper III
Helper III

Target Line Not Showing in Stacked Bar Chart

Hi there

I'm trying to add a target line to a graph, but it just will not show up - in a matrix, I get the figure, but nothing in the bar chart. See screenshots below: 

BI1.PNG

Sales Person comes from "userforms", Total Sales and Total Call from "Table D" and Targets from "Targets" table. 

BI2.png

Sales Person again comes from "userforms", Total Sales & Call from "Table D" and Targets from "Targets". 

BI3.png

They all have a relationship:

Targets > userforms via Sales Person via Sales Person to fullname

Targets > DimDate via Month to Month

userforms > D via fullname to owning.user

D > DimDate via Date to Date

So what is it that I'm doing wrong? any help would be fab! 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The target line is the least of your problems (you can always create it via a measure and then use a column+line chart visual).

Please rethink your data model.  You do not want to have a M:M relationship with bidirectional search.

Hey @lbendlin - how would you suggest I do it via a measure? Could you let me know why I ought to rethink my data model (I mean that genuinely, I don't fully understand the realationships yet)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.