Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Target (Budget) with date slicer stay constant

Hello,

I have to compare Actuals vs Targets (Planned Calls), but targets are based on specific period (ex. 01 Apr - 30 Sep) and vary by county. I have a date filter (coming from '$Time'[Date]) and Target slicer (from '$Targeting' table). Target values are based on that period, i.e. fixed, but when selecting earlier date on date slicer it shows a proportion. I would like to keep the targets for the whole target period, i.e. not changing even selecting different end date for example. I need something to match the selected period in date slicer and to catch the target inside, because there should be more than 1 target for the whole year for example. Tried with variables (working!) to narrow the calculation only for selected target, but is very slow and fails on some charts (RAM overload). Here is the sample of measure:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlannedCalls =
VAR StartDate = MIN ( '$Targeting'[Start Date] )
VAR EndDate = MIN ('$Targeting'[End Date])
RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM( CallsFact[Planned Calls]), '$Time'[Date] >= StartDate, '$Time'[Date] <= EndDate))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you in advance for ideas 🙂

Target.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Click Format-> Edit interactions then click the block icon on the right-top of the visual so that the visual will not be effected by the visual you selected.

1.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Click Format-> Edit interactions then click the block icon on the right-top of the visual so that the visual will not be effected by the visual you selected.

1.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.