Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrewb95
Helper II
Helper II

Take a value from a set time.

I have a data table like this, it is real time and updates regularly. The value can change at any time. 

DateCompany NameValue
01.01.2020A5
01.02.2020B12

I want to take the value at a static time. ie. the first of each month. Then I would have:

DateCompany NameValueValue Specific Date
01.01.2020A54

Then I would be able to see the change in this transactional value to the static value. How do I create a new field which will show the value at a static time? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrewb95 ,

You may create a measure like DAX below, in which the variable _PrevDate is to get the previous date before current max date of table.

Value Specific Date=

var _PrevDate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date]), FILTER( ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Company Name]), 'Table'[ Date] <  MAX('Table'[ Date])))
return

CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Value], 1),  FILTER( ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Company Name]), 'Table'[ Date]= _PrevDate))

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andrewb95 ,

You may create a measure like DAX below, in which the variable _PrevDate is to get the previous date before current max date of table.

Value Specific Date=

var _PrevDate = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Date]), FILTER( ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Company Name]), 'Table'[ Date] <  MAX('Table'[ Date])))
return

CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Value], 1),  FILTER( ALLEXCEPT('Table', 'Table'[Company Name]), 'Table'[ Date]= _PrevDate))

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@andrewb95 , Something like this

measure =
var _date = date(2020,01,01)
return
calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(Table,Table[date] =_date))

or

measure =
var _date = date(2020,01,01)
return
calculate(sum(Table[Value]), filter(all(Table),Table[date] =_date))

@amitchandak Thanks I think something like this may work but the  "filter(Table,Table[date] =_date)" would not work as I do not have a Table[date] which corrolates to the _date. 

Maybe I can explain in this way. 

The date column I have mentioned above is just a generic signup date to the list and doesn't corrolate to the time I want to take the value. 

So in essence I would like to take the value and populate it into a column when a date matches lets say current date. 

ie. 

Today Company A is value of 5 then tomorrow this value changes to 6. I want to be able to add a column based upon a specific date which will take the value number which would not change. 

As I say so I want to populate the new column with this 'Value' so it doesn't change in the future but from a current date or a date in the future. 

Ie. I can say lets take the value on the 20.09.2020 I want to capture this value column on this date into a new column. Then on the 25.09.2020 I can look at the original value column and then the new value column (value captured on a date) then compare. 

I hope this is clearer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.