Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sanderson82
Helper I
Helper I

Tachometer gauge not showing correct position

Hi, I'm using the Tachometer for a job costing report.  My Value and Target Value for each visual is coming from a SP list with some filters applied.

The values are showing correct on the visual however the visible gauge needle does not appear in the correct position.

Example my target is £19.48k and my current value is £660 however the needle is pretty much sitting in the middle, whereas in reality it should have barely moved at that stage.

The Gauge Axis are set as follows

Start Angle : -90

End Angle : 90

Start Value : Blank

End Value : Blank

gauge.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanderson82 ,

You could create two new measures( like minimum and maximum ). Then add them to Start Value and End Value.

2-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanderson82 ,

You could create two new measures( like minimum and maximum ). Then add them to Start Value and End Value.

2-1.PNG

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Based on your comments and after some twiddling I've managed to achieve what I needed.

1) Created a measure, StartValue = 0 and set this as the Start Value
2) Created individual measures for each gauge as the target * 1.1 and set this as the End Value

3) Target value set to the relevant target value

4) Range3 start value set to the target value

Probably an easier way of doing it than having to create inidivual measures for every gauge end value (I have about 25 on the report) but the above seems to work for me

gauge.jpg

Hi @v-eachen-msft  what you have shown would be exactly what I'm after however it seems to me as if setting min/max values only allows a text input rather than dragging in a measure?  My issue is that I have many gauges used in drillthrough pages so the max value will always differ.  I also want the gauge to still show going into the red if over a target value.  Hope that makes sense!

Would you be able to advise in more detail, perhaps a screenshot of showing the settings you have used to achieve what you have shown?

lbudack
Advocate III
Advocate III

Are you using a custom visual from the marketplace? The onboard/native Power BI "Gauge" visual is easier to set up regarding Value vs. Target Value so you might try that, and I think you'll find it easier to get what you need here. Otherwise, what tachometer are you using? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors