Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kritchensBMcD
Advocate I
Advocate I

Tachometer - Decimal Issue

Hello All, 

I was wondering if anyone has come across an issue with the Tachometer visual. I believe i have an issue where it does not count up correctly if the Values for Max, Range2 and Range 3 are all decimals less than 1. I only see count ups when the number is a whole number greater than one. 

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen or i am missing something with this visual. Would be greatly appreciated. At this time i have to simulate the Tics by using text boxes. 

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kritchensBMcD,

I cannot reproduce your issuer here using the desktop version :2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018). Here you need to fill all the Values path of this visual, then it worked well.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6ycaizysv8jm8c/Tachometer.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @kritchensBMcD,

Seemed everything goes well in my side, Could you please tell me what is your version of desktop?

1111.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

@v-frfei-msft wrote:

Hi @kritchensBMcD,

Seemed everything goes well in my side, Could you please tell me what is your version of desktop?

1111.PNG

Regards,

Frank

If you attempt to add more count ups its not working. Increase the count under  Axis Count > Count and you will see it does not have the steps like in a whole number tachometer.

I am using PBI version : 2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018)

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've noticed the figure you have underlined is "Count of".  If you are doing a count, your numbers would be whole numbers only.  Are you confusing Count with Sum?

@Anonymous wrote:

I've noticed the figure you have underlined is "Count of".  If you are doing a count, your numbers would be whole numbers only.  Are you confusing Count with Sum?

Thats Frank attempting to repoduce the error. My Error i am not doing count, only Min or Sum.

Hi,

I should have been specific. Its not at the tenth of a decimal. It occurs at a hundreth of a decimal. See attached sample showing the error.

Error.PNG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03p0z7xe0fdasp8/Sample%20Error.pbix?dl=0

@v-frfei-msft wrote:

Hi @kritchensBMcD,

I cannot reproduce your issuer here using the desktop version :2.61.5192.601 64-bit (August 2018). Here you need to fill all the Values path of this visual, then it worked well.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6ycaizysv8jm8c/Tachometer.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.