Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kvilk

Tabular table in Power BI

Hi

I have tried to Google around for answers but do not seem to find what I am looking for.

I need to make a matrix consiting of a number of dimensions on rows and a dimension in the columns but the matrix visual only displays one level at any given time. Instead I need to drill up and down.

In PowerPivot you can change the layout to "show item labels in tabular form".

Does anyone know if this is possible to PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Kvilk,

I need to make a matrix consiting of a number of dimensions on rows and a dimension in the columns but the matrix visual only displays one level at any given time. Instead I need to drill up and down.

Generally, the columns and rows in matrix are collapsed by default, we can only see one level data. If you want to see all levels data, please click "Expand all donw one level in the hierarchy" button. And set "Stepped layout" option off.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jamal29
Regular Visitor

Hi, This is very useful. I have a quick questions, based on the example above, how can i make the AAA appear in every line?

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Kvilk,

Generally, the columns and rows in matrix are collapsed by default, we can only see one level data. If you want to see all levels data, please click "Expand all donw one level in the hierarchy" button. And set "Stepped layout" option off.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

OK,

Indeed, that does work, but here's a situation we have and it looks to me like Power BI doesn't do this.  In an excel pivot table, you can select which rows to display in Tabular format such that in the fully collapsed mode you can see the Project name and its overall health status, then open the other layers and they display in the heirarcial manner.  This appears to be an "all-or-nothing" solution, i.e.) there isn't a way to select specific rows to turn the stepped layout off on?

Did you eventually get an answer?

Great job, thank you v-caliao-msft @Kvilk

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.