cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kvilk New Member

Tabular table in Power BI

Hi

I have tried to Google around for answers but do not seem to find what I am looking for.

I need to make a matrix consiting of a number of dimensions on rows and a dimension in the columns but the matrix visual only displays one level at any given time. Instead I need to drill up and down.

In PowerPivot you can change the layout to "show item labels in tabular form".

Does anyone know if this is possible to PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-caliao-msft

Re: Tabular table in Power BI

@Kvilk,

I need to make a matrix consiting of a number of dimensions on rows and a dimension in the columns but the matrix visual only displays one level at any given time. Instead I need to drill up and down.

Generally, the columns and rows in matrix are collapsed by default, we can only see one level data. If you want to see all levels data, please click "Expand all donw one level in the hierarchy" button. And set "Stepped layout" option off.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-caliao-msft

@Kvilk,

Generally, the columns and rows in matrix are collapsed by default, we can only see one level data. If you want to see all levels data, please click "Expand all donw one level in the hierarchy" button. And set "Stepped layout" option off.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

markdy Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Great job, thank you v-caliao-msft @Kvilk