Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dellis81
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Tabular Editor

Hello - I have slowly been trying to learn and better utilize Tabular Editor.  I see so much potential 🙂

As I have been trying to clean and reorganize my data models - wanting to shift measures from one table to another.   I have been able to make that work within Tabular Editor - kinda.   First, seems I can only move one block at a time, must save, exit, and then start again.  I get the little circle with crossX's if I try to do more than one block at a time.

Now I am finding - the visual measure well - has invalid measures, of which are those that I have moved.   I suspect the first few measures I moved had no issues inside the visual well - but don't know that for certain.

Am I missing something in how I am doing this.   Anybody else experience this -and have a thought on what I may be doing wrong.

I have also created display folders for a slug of measures - those seem to be fine.

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dellis81 ,

It seems that you want to move multiple measures to another table at a time.  You can switch to “Model View  and  drag measure in the “Fields Pane” from the current table to the desired table.

With this dragging technique, you can select multiple measures at the same time by pressing down the Ctrl Key. Then drag once to the desired table

Capture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dellis81 ,

It seems that you want to move multiple measures to another table at a time.  You can switch to “Model View  and  drag measure in the “Fields Pane” from the current table to the desired table.

With this dragging technique, you can select multiple measures at the same time by pressing down the Ctrl Key. Then drag once to the desired table

Capture1.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thank you for your response - took me awhile to understand the model aspect, but once I found it - perfect.

But back to tabular editor - I think there is an issue when a measure that is used in a visual is moved to another table - the moved measure results in an invalid field back in the visual data well.

One other thing - I am getting alot of forum responses back in a translated spanish.  Is there a way to lock in my forum language as english.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.