Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

modi123p
Helper III
Helper III

Tabular Editor - Change Default Summarization to Average for Multiple Columns

Hi All,

I m pivoting a table inside the report which results in more than 500 columns.

As there is no option to set default summarization for a table in PBI Desktop, I looked at tabular editor to set the default by selecting all columns as a single operation.

Tabular editor does not show any error and I can see the summarization set to average. However the changes are not saved.

Wondering if this is something supported in the editor or if I need to update to the latest version? 

I use version 2.14.0

Any help would be appreciated.

I need to work on 5 such reports. If there is any other tool which can help, please suggest the same. 

Snap_TabularEditor.PNG

Thanks,

Mannu  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p ;

Is the above answer helpful to you? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

It was not about Saving the entries.

The report probably reset Summarization everytime I pivoted the data.

I therefore did a work around....

1. Changed column names to number.

2. Created an empty  table with numeric columns with  max columns that can be expected for the data. Disabled refresh for this table.

3. Disabled Load for table that had to be pivoted.

4. Appended pivoted table and dummy table together. Now since the column names wouldn't change, the Summarization set doesn't seem to change!!!

Finally.. seems to be working!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p ;

Is the above answer helpful to you? If so, Would you mind accept the helpful replies as solutions? Then we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same requirement will find the solution quickly and benefit here. Thank you.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @modi123p ;

You should click save(or ctrl+s)

vyalanwumsft_0-1628761043713.png

The final output is shown below:

vyalanwumsft_1-1628761149492.png

Best Regards,

It was not about Saving the entries.

The report probably reset Summarization everytime I pivoted the data.

I therefore did a work around....

1. Changed column names to number.

2. Created an empty  table with numeric columns with  max columns that can be expected for the data. Disabled refresh for this table.

3. Disabled Load for table that had to be pivoted.

4. Appended pivoted table and dummy table together. Now since the column names wouldn't change, the Summarization set doesn't seem to change!!!

Finally.. seems to be working!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.