Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sgross
Helper I
Helper I

Tables with Relationships Don't Filter as Expected

I'm testing out the relationship between two sheets, using a small sample size and dummy data, and I'm coming across some inconsistent behaviour that I'd like to fix.

One sheet, TITLES, contains the information for books (subject, publisher, etc.) and the second sheet, USAGE, contains a count of how many students have read the book each month. Both sheets are linked, in the Relationship Editor, by the books' ISBN.

I have a line graph, created using the USAGE table, showing the number of students that have read the book, and using the book's name as the legend. I've then created a slicer using the SUBJECT field from the TITLE table:

example1.png

Now, if I select English on the slicer, the two English titles and their values remain on the line graph, as expected. But if I select any other Subject, nothing appears. The only way to see the other three books' information is to select (Blank) on the slicer, despite the fact that they are all drawing their Subject data from the same table:

example2.pngexample3.png

Any ideas as to why this is occurring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the process of grabbing some screenshots, I discovered the error.

Though the sheets recognised each other, one sheet's ISBN column was text, the other sheet's ISBN column was a general format, so the values were being truncated!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hard to tell without seeing a sample of the data.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

In the process of grabbing some screenshots, I discovered the error.

Though the sheets recognised each other, one sheet's ISBN column was text, the other sheet's ISBN column was a general format, so the values were being truncated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors