Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tables relationships and blank values

Hi everyone! Probably there were lots of questions of this kind, but I was not able to find the answer in the forums. The problem is the following:

I have one table called Product Lines (PLs) which contains the whole list of product lines, and is connected and serves as common measure for all other tables. Everything matches there and I did not have any <blanks> in slicer. However, now I added another table, that contains monthly data on some KPI called DSO. It does not have division by PLs. The two tables (PLs and KPI) are not connected directly, only indirectly through month table.

The problem is that I keep getting <blank> value in my slicer. When I started checking i found out that KPI table was causing the problem. I combined two data table into the table visual and saw that there is a <blank> value (picture below). However, when I add month to the table <blank> dissappears (picture below). PL Slicer contains <blank> all the time. Could someone please explain why this happens, I cannot understand where this blank for DSO is coming from?

Thanks!

2.PNG3.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The <blank> appears because there might existing some records in one table (KPI) didn't find the matched records in the other table (PLs).

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI, @v-yulgu-msft

I understand that those appera when matched records are not existing. But, first of all, I am not connecting those table directly, secondly, there is no PL row in the KPI table at all.

I would expect the tables from post above to just show the same value for any product line. And this is what was expected - each PL has the same value. But where this blank comes from?

Did you understand me? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.