Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bortxs
Frequent Visitor

Table with two value-columns and their delta

Hello guys, 

I´m trying to create a table showing information of one week and previous week (it can also be month, this is not relevant) together with its delta. The idea is to create something like this:

Calendar Week 30Calendar Week 31Δ%
Net Order Volume15.00016.50010%
Shipping 1.000800-20%
Total Net Order Volume16.00017.3008%

Unfortunately I only get to have the weeks on the left side as rows (where the KPIs are), but not as columns, so that under each week I can show not only Net Order Volume but also number of orders, number of items ordered, or some other KPIs. Any idea?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Borja

4 REPLIES 4
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@bortxs,

You may refer to the following DAX that creates a new table.

Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    GROUPBY (
        Table1,
        Table1[KPI],
        "Calendar Week 30", SUMX ( CURRENTGROUP (), IF ( Table1[Calendar Week] = 30, Table1[Volume], 0 ) ),
        "Calendar Week 31", SUMX ( CURRENTGROUP (), IF ( Table1[Calendar Week] = 31, Table1[Volume], 0 ) )
    ),
    "Δ%", DIVIDE ( [Calendar Week 31] - [Calendar Week 30], [Calendar Week 30] )
)
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-chuncz-msft

I think I didn´t express myself correctly... I said I wanted a table (indeed, that´s what I want...) but I suppose the correct name for that would be a "Table-Visual"... If I understood correctly, your solution would create me a new table, right? 

I have created this (see below) for a similar purpose using  3 card-visuals and a rectangle... the idea would be to create something similar but not so "rudimentary" (if possible), so that I can have few different KPIs under each "column" (be it YTD vs PYTD, be it CW31 vs CW30...)

Visits Table.PNG

Sorry for the confusion! and thanks a lot again!

Borja

bortxs
Frequent Visitor

Hello guys, 

regarding this topic I thought I could do something like this...

I´ve created a Slicer with the Calendar Weeks (CW) and besides that I´ve created a column in the Dates-Table that gives me automatically the week before (very simple: when I select the CW25, it gives me the CW24 etc.). 

CW SlicerCW Slicer

My first solution it´s been to create two slicers and "unlock" each "Multirow Card" from the week I don´t want it to be influenced by... but I find it a bit too messy. 

Small table above with the CW and PCW fields, below the needed KPIs in 2 "Multirow cards"Small table above with the CW and PCW fields, below the needed KPIs in 2 "Multirow cards"

In order to optimize it a bit, I would like to create a measure which reacts not to the week selected on the slicer (I want to have only one) but to the value corresponding to "the week selected on the Slicer -1 (minus one)". 

I have created this formula: "Net Order Value PW = CALCULATE(SUM('DATAVALUES'[Net Order Value]);CW[PCW])" but unfortunately it´s not working properly... Smiley Frustrated

Would you guys have an idea of how the DAX function should look like in this case? Thanks!!

Borja

bortxs
Frequent Visitor

I´ve tried with the solution from @v-ljerr-msft from this thread: (https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Cards-to-show-previous-period-and-or-exclude-current-period...). I adapted the code and got this:

Net Order Value PW = 
VAR currentWeek = MAX(DATUM[Week]) 
VAR currentYear = MAX(DATUM[Year]) 
RETURN (IF(currentWeek=1;CALCULATE([Net Order Value];FILTER(ALL(DATUM);DATUM[Year]=currentYear-1 && DATUM[Week] = 52)); CALCULATE([Net Order Value];FILTER(ALL(DATUM);DATUM[Year]=currentYear
&& DATUM[Week] = currentWeek-1))))

...but unfortunately it´s not working either... 

Thanks for your comments/help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.