Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table visualization that shows additional info

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but english is not my born languge and this is question a little bit hard to express for me.

I have a table that shows the amount of expenses per employee in a table visualization that has these columns: Employee Name, Expense Category, Amount. It has only this columns for size and focusing reasons. But I would like to be able to have more information about the expense with clicking only the employee name/amount (such as, date, locate, PO, etc. - all this info would be on the data base but not showing in the table visualization) without have to go to the database, and do it from the dashboard. It would be like a visualization into a visualization, like a zoom in.

Is such thing possible?

Hope you are able to understand this and that there is a solution to it.

Thank you very much.

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It sounds you want to add a visual like tooltips to your visual to display all detailed information. The feature is unsupported to date, please review the following idea and vote it.

Tooltip on all visuals

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered but as my born language it is not english I find my question a little bit hard to express correctly.

I have a Table that shows the expenses of different employees (with the columns Employee Level, Expense Category and Amount) that doesn't have any more columns for size and focusing reasons. But, is there a way to have additional information about that employee/expense with clicking on it. It would be like a visualization inside another visulization to get additional info without having to go to the database. Like a Zoom in.

Hope that's understandable and there is a way to do it!

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.