cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ansa_naz Member

Table visualisation keeps aggregating data - not sure why??

Hi all

I have a table visual on my report. I want to return every row in my dataset into this table visual. However, for some reason, if the values that would be returned for two rows are the same, then PBI will only return one row - they are getting aggregated. However, if I then add a new column into the table which makes each row returned unique (a row ID), then every row is returned into the table visual.

The columns I have currently added to the table visual are all either date or text columns. I have made sure to select 'Dont summarize' for all columns in the Modelling tab already. Also, for each column added into the table, in the visualisations pane Values section, I have made sure to select Dont Summarise for each value too

Is there any way to just return every row into the table visualsation without having a unique column added too, as I dont want to display the row ID column?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Table visualisation keeps aggregating data - not sure why??

Not really, what I do is to add the unique row and then set it to not word wrap (column and value) and then shrink the column width down in the table so that it doesn't display.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

Not really, what I do is to add the unique row and then set it to not word wrap (column and value) and then shrink the column width down in the table so that it doesn't display.

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

ansa_naz Member

Thanks Greg!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors