Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UsePowerBI
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Table visual not displaying matched values

Hello

First I would like to say that my data is confidential so that I cannot post it.

I have five tables: A, B, C, D, E.

I want to use E to filter C. (i.e. use E as the basis and find the relevant matches in C)
Then, I want to use C to filter B. (i.e. use C as the basis and find the relevant matches in B)
Then, I want to use B to filter A and D. (i.e. use B as the basis and find the relevant matches in A and D)

Can you tell me please what type of relationships and directions should I create?

I tried the following:
A - B (many to many, both)
B - C (many to one, single)
B - D (many to many, both)
C - E (many to one, single)

I also tried:
A - B (many to many, both)
B - C (many to many, both)
B - D (many to many, both)
C - E (many to many, both)

In each of the above data models, I built the following table visual with the respective tables and column numbers:

E/1
A/3
B/3
B/4
A/4
A/5
D/3
D/4
A/6
A/7

The problem is that some (not all) values in A/7 are missing. When I create a table visual with E/1 and A/7 only, I get more matches in A/7 than in the above table visual.

Any idea?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@UsePowerBI , does not seem like the best you can have. Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can i ask first how you are getting this data, is it from excel, is it from sql? you might be in a better position if you denormalise the data anad make it one flat structure, that way you can do left joins and full joins where data is missing

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.