Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

patkang
Helper I
Helper I

Table visual not correct for top row

Dear Community

To track activity on an online platform I have a list of userIDs that are not active. This list is connected to the UserLookup table that contains more detailed information about the users such as email adress, name and so on. 

In matrix visual I added the User Id from the "Inactive User" Table and added the names and email adresses in the rows.

The visual works fine but for the top row, it shows me the first (or last if i select "last") of all users names by alphabet even though this person's userID is not in the "Inactive User" Table. 

Am I missing something or why does this visual behave in that way?

The Inactive User Table contains User IDs that are in the User Summary Table but not in the Learner Activity Table. 

The visual has User ID from Inactive user Table in Rows and Names & Email adress from the User Summary.

Any support I can get is much appreciated! Thank you!Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patkang ,

The Inactive User Table contains User IDs that are in the User Summary Table but not in the Learner Activity Table. 

The visual has User ID from Inactive user Table in Rows and Names & Email adress from the User Summary.

This may casued by that there is one or more records of "IDs" in User Summary table, but not in Inactive User Table. Something like below. Please check.

blank value.JPG

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
patkang
Helper I
Helper I

@Rigensis 

Thanks a lot for your answer

The thing is, I use the User Summary table kind of like a Lookup table but there is only 1:1 relationship since all users only exist once in the model. I tried doing a one fdirection filter but apparently it does not work in a 1:1 relationship.

I tried filtering the visual manually for blanks but that option does not exist. When I call out for the filtering options, it does not recognize a blank. 

I would have to filter manually by the name of the person that appears at the top. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patkang ,

This may casued by that there is one or more records of "IDs" in User Summary table, but not in Inactive User Table. Something like below. Please check.

blank value.JPG

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

@Icey thanks a lot for the hint. Will fix the issue as described, perhaps changing the relationship or keep them separate. 

Kind regards

PatKang

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patkang ,

Please check if the suggestions @Rigensis provided work.

If they work, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If not, please share us a dummy .pbix file, without sensitive information, for test. It is suggested to upload your file to OneDrive for Business and then paste the link here.

Best regards

Icey

Rigensis
Helper I
Helper I

@patkang Another option that you could try is to change table relationship between Inactive Users and UserSummary to

Inactive User 1 -->-- * UserSummary

One to many relationship with one way single cross filter direction. 

Even if the table do match 1 to 1, you only need Inactive User table to filter the UserSummary table, and not the other way around.

Rigensis
Helper I
Helper I

@patkang From your explanation I gather that you don't even want to see the entry that is in the top row.

So would it be enough if you just filter the User ID column in the filter pane to not show (Blank)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.