Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Table visual - add an unfiltered totals row

Hi All, 

I have a client who would like to display a row within the table that totals the items that have been filtered out. 

so if I have 20 rows of data displaying sales by product and the end user selects a value from a slicer to filter this down, they would like to see the items that have been removed consolidated under one row - thus maintaining the same grand total. 

Has anyone ever done anything like this before? 

Thanks

Dog

5 REPLIES 5
Pavlous
Advocate II
Advocate II

If I understand this correctly, you want to keep filtering data and by the filter, they will be changing. But the data filtered out will be displayed somewhere under one row? Or you want to sum all the filtered out data into one row?

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Pavlous

yes you are correct, I want the filtered out data to appear under one row within the table 

so basic table unfiltered would look like this. 

unfiltered.PNG

then if i filter by "Car" then it would look like this. 

filtered.PNG

this is obviously a very basic view of what I am trying to achieve but the concept is the same. 

Thanks

Dog

Hi @Dog,

While there is no direct way to do it currently, an alternative way is to use the formulas below to create two measures to calculate 'Total Sales' and 'Other Sales'.

Total = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Sales]),ALL(Table1))
Others = [Total] - SUM(Table1[Sales])

Then show the two measures on Multi-row Card visual, and put the Card visual under/align your Table visual like below. Smiley Happy

r5.PNG

Regards

Well the thing is, that you cant made dynamicall dependencies on what you will select on filter visual. And also you would need some DAX formula which would cooperate with this dependencies so it can resolve what you are filtering and what to do next.

I do not think, that this is possible to do.

If it's just to keep the totals then you could perhaps create another table visual with the same measures and use visual interactions to disable filters from affecting this new visual - this way you will keep the grand total.

/sdjensen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.