Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicia_pbi
Employee
Employee

Table to present forecasted data

Hello,

I am trying to create a table that will represent actuals and if there are no actuals, then represent my calculated forecasted amounts in a single tabular view in Power BI.  

How can I 'force' PBI to show future months that do not have actual values?  Once I get that I believe I can use an if(isblank( statement to call my manually calculated forecast balance if there are no actuals otherwise show actuals.

The future timeframe I need varies based on contract length.  Any suggestions on how to make the future months relative to the number of months remaining in the contract?  I.e. I have 2 contracts A & B.  Contract A expires in 2 months so I need to show October, 2019 & November 2019.  Contract B expires in 10 months so I need to show the forecasted value for the 10 subsequent months.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Are you using a calendar table. If you set the endpoint of your calendar table far enough in the future you can draw your list of months from it, regardless of whether or not they are in your other data. There are a lots of posts about the different ways to generate a calendar table.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!