Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FilipFireFlyBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Table sum of a budget seasonality measure is not correct

Dear all,

I have data for a budget.  The annual budget 2016 is €1.327.300. Initially I have evenly split this among the 12 months, so €110.608 a month (see column Sales 2016 of the printscreen). Based on the 2014 sales I have calculated the seasonality allocation for Budget 2016 (see column %GT AllocationFactor, which sums to 100% for 12 months).

Based on this I try to calculate the 2016 Budget per month. I do the following:

Sales 2016 per month (€110.608)  * 12 * AllocationFactor

For all of the individual months I get the correct answer. However the Total (Year budget 2016) shows me the totally wrong number of €15.927.600). This is the sum of 12 months and should be again the year budget 2016 of €1.327.300.

image.png

What should I change to have the total Sales 2016 Budget incl. seasonality of €1.327.300.

Thanks in advance!

Filip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@FilipFireFlyBI,

Sample PBIX for you reference.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@FilipFireFlyBI,

I have tested it on my local environment, the total show 1327.30. And we can sum up this column manually, and the result is 1327.30.
Capture.PNG

In your scenario, could you please share your PBIX to me, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie Liao,

Your printscreen is exactly the solution to my problem! Can you share your PBIX file example or explain how you have done this?

Thanks in advance!

Filip

@FilipFireFlyBI,

Sample PBIX for you reference.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.