Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jdchipps
Frequent Visitor

Table sub-total not correct.

I appreciate this question has been asked numerous times but having read all of the posts I found, and trying everything I can find, the totals in my table are still not correct.  I have a particular table that returns any invoices against a specific agreement in a particular month.  I have one particular agreement that was invoiced twice in the month, on the same date, however my total only shows one of the values.

My measure that isn't adding up in the totals is:

LL Commission = SUM(v_rpt_AgreementList[Billing_Amount])-SUM(v_rpt_AgreementAdditions[Ext_Cost])

However I have now run out of ideas on how to fix this?

1 REPLY 1
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jdchipps 

Situations like this are the reason I like to build multiple measures . . . that way I know which portion is not working correctly.

Have you tried creating measures for Billing Amount and Cost, verifying the totals and then using those measures in the final measure?

Billing Amount = SUM(v_rpt_AgreementList[Billing_Amount])

Ext Cost = SUM(v_rpt_AgreementAdditions[Ext_Cost])

LL Commission = [Billing Amount] - [LL Commission]

This would allow you to determine where the breakage occurs and make it possible to use CALCULATE to force filter recognition for which ever portion is misbehaving.

Also, these appear to be from different tables. How are the tables related? Are you using a Date Dimension table?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.