Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table rows increased drastically when measure is added to table

Hi All,

I have a table visual, where I have to add one measure. The table consists of data from two dimensions tables (in many to many relationship) and one fact table. As soon as I add the measure into the visual, the rows in the table gets increased drastically. Ideally, the number of rows should be 8 but it is getting increased to more than 7K.

The measure looks like:

Pyshglulr_0-1624383347256.png

Please help. 

Any support is highly appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It sounds like measure expression expands your records hidden by power bi. I'd like to suggest you add 'if statement' to your formula to check if the current fact table exists in correspond records.

Measure =
VAR curr =CALCULATE ( SUM ( Fact[Amount] ), VALUES ( Table[Date] ) )
RETURN
    IF ( curr <> BLANK, TODAY )

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

It sounds like measure expression expands your records hidden by power bi. I'd like to suggest you add 'if statement' to your formula to check if the current fact table exists in correspond records.

Measure =
VAR curr =CALCULATE ( SUM ( Fact[Amount] ), VALUES ( Table[Date] ) )
RETURN
    IF ( curr <> BLANK, TODAY )

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Worked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Thank you for your kind support. It is exposing all the hidden rows. I have tried your solution, and it worked!!!

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using LIVE connection

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.