Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table problem

Hi there,

I have a small problem on Power BI: I want to create three new filters with buyers, project managers, and one on requesters. However, in my table, I only have the IDs of these people and it makes no sense for my search. Let me explain: I have a 'UsersInformations' table with in it a list of names associated with an ID, and in the 'Prep_budget' table (the one I use to filter my tables) I only have the IDs of These persons. I can't get it to be the names that I see when scrolling my filter and not the IDs... do I have to create a new column?

Milou190_0-1664867600462.png

Thanks !

Emilie 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok everyone I managed to find! it was "just" enough to link the tables in fact lol

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AhmadMaksoud

You May merge the two columns (ID and the Names), I guess it would help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AhmadMaksoud , thank you for your answer but it does not work...

let me get it clear! do you have two columns one with ID and another one with the related name? 

or you don't have the names at all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear earlier... I'll try to explain myself better! So basically, I have two tables: one with the user information 'UsersInformation' (so it is in this table that the two columns Name and ID are located) and a second with only the IDs For example: I have a “food security” project. I associate three people: a project manager whose ID is 212, a buyer whose ID is 216 and a customer whose ID is 328. Now we make the link with the second table 'user info ' which associates each ID with a name. So ID 212 = Monsieur Quoi, ID 216 = Monsieur Bidule and ID 328 = Monsieur Truc (you should know that a buyer can also be a customer, a customer can also be a project manager... In short, we can find names in several columns). So going back to my problem, when I apply my filters, I only have numbers (so 216, 212, 328...) and what I want is the list of names.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok everyone I managed to find! it was "just" enough to link the tables in fact lol

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.