Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Table or Matrix: limit to display first X rows before loading more?

I have noticed with the Table and Matrix if I have say, 10,000 rows of data it seems to load all 10K rows.

Instead of loading say the first 250 and then waiting for someone to scroll down.

This causes slower page loads, espcially when I have various filters that default to no filtering (or show ALL) and expect the user to start by filtering on region or category, etc, etc...

Instead they have to wait for all 10K rows to populate before the filters and the rest of the page seem to stop loading.

Is there anyway around this or way to just populate the first few hundred rows?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
blazko
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, had same problem. Added index column in querie edit. Then in the table/matrix visual added filter on my main value, choosing Top N, and by value -> index column. Works for me 🙂

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

I'm afraid this is not possible to achieve. When we apply any filter to slicer or report/page/visual level filter, actually, the Power Query that loads data is not executed. The dataset is not updated. So, we have to load all data records and display them in data view before displaying a report.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.