Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table not reflecting changes in new data from another table

Hi. I currently have an issue whereby one table linked through an active relationship (Many to One, single filtered), isnt reflecting any new data input from the source table.

I have the source table with Resource# until 120:

Sub TableSub Table

...and this is the linked table:

Linked tableLinked table

So as you can see, only Resource# until 114 has been copied from the Sub table, which is peculiar.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Enter into Query Editor, click on all Day# column such as Day#15 -Day#17 at the same time, then choose "Unpivot Columns", rename this result column "Attribute" with "Day#" . Don't forget to click the "Close & Apply" button.

3.png

Then you can create measure like DAX below to get sum value for per Resource# and per Day# .

Measure1= CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),Table1[Resource#] =MAX(Table1[Resource#])&&Table1[Day#] =MAX(Table1[Day#])))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Enter into Query Editor, click on all Day# column such as Day#15 -Day#17 at the same time, then choose "Unpivot Columns", rename this result column "Attribute" with "Day#" . Don't forget to click the "Close & Apply" button.

3.png

Then you can create measure like DAX below to get sum value for per Resource# and per Day# .

Measure1= CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table1),Table1[Resource#] =MAX(Table1[Resource#])&&Table1[Day#] =MAX(Table1[Day#])))

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Amy, this worked perfectly 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous what is your actual question? What you are looking for?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Parry, simply put, I'd like to know how I can properly link the Resource# columns between the two tables, such that any addition of data in the column would also be reflected in the linked table. 

@Anonymous what is day #12, 13, 14 in linked table? Your question is not very clear, can you explain waht you are looking for final result? How does your raw data looks like?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah right. Apologies for ommiting that out.

Here's what I have: A table that displays decimals for each particular day (Day#15...etc). What I'd like to do is summarize each of these days, filtered by the Resource#, (hence the new table).

image.png

The desired output would be a table that displays each sum per Day# according to its resource, of which I have managed to do using the formula below. (Example for Day#15)

CALCULATE(SUM(Sub_Table[Day#15]),FILTERS(Sub_Table[Resource#]))

So while this is achievable for Resources#112-114, the table does not seem to be able to detect the others (Resources#115-120).

The desired output would be as follows:

image.png

Appreciate your input 🙂

@Anonymous so you have only one table in power query the one you showed in the image? Better approach here is to unpvior your table as better model. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.