Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table is not filtering another table as per expectation

Hi Guys, Hope you all are doing good. I have been facing this issue , I have two tables in power Bi report . I am trying to filter history table with the recent table. But its not giving me the exact result I want. I have tried all the  filtering single/both but not getting exact result. Thanks In Advance. PS- I am using live query here.RelationRelation

Once clicked on recent table it should all records of that in history tableOnce clicked on recent table it should all records of that in history tableBut after clicking I am getting this... what could be the reason. I need all the records of that busBut after clicking I am getting this... what could be the reason. I need all the records of that bus

3 REPLIES 3
saivivekv25

Hi ,

Did you find the solution for this?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Which field did the relationship between the table Recent and History create on, BUS_ID or something others? There may be some blank spaces in the related key.

Please keep the Cross filter direction of the relationship from Single to Both, which will take the two tables treated as a single table. You can learn more about relationship :https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-create-and-manage-relationships.

Or could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

Relationship is on BUS_ID  & there is no blank in it.
I tried cross filter direction to both but the things are not working out.
The desired output I am expecting is the history table should show all the records of what I select in recent table.
eg. if I select Bus Rto No- MH12AB005 from Recent table then history table should show all the records of MH12AB005.
Regarding data & pbix file I w'ont be able to share it.

Thanks.
Regards,
Abhijit K

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.