Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arichards
Frequent Visitor

Table highlighting across pages?

I have a table (Table A) that when I highlight a row, it filters the other visuals on that page (specifically, another table - Table B).

I want to move Table B to another page (ideally setting up with a drill though), but the table highlighting filter doesn't seem to work across pages (and I can't get Drillthrough to show up either). Is there a setting I'm missing? Everything works fine when the tables are on the same page, but copying one of the dependent visuals to another page loses the filtering.

I'm not sure what other information I can include to help debug this issue.

6 REPLIES 6
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arichards 

1. If you'd like to filter the rows across pages, did you try this option?

03.PNG

2. If Drillthrough preferred, please kindly share your dummy pbix, that will be easier for us to find the problem. also, please kindly refer to the official documentation for details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-drillthrough 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@arichards you need to set drillthrough on 2nd page. Hope this post helps.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

@parry2k I've tried that - not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

But I end up with a screen for "Allow drillthrough when "Used as a category" with all the individual options (and no way to mass select?). It also has "summarized", but that doesn't seem to help either?

@arichards can you share pbix file, remove any sensitive information before sharing.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I haven't had to share one before, any guidance on what to do for this? All of my data is internal company data, so I'm not sure how to go about this in a way that's useful for you.

Sharing my table setup might help

Project:

+ Project Id (PK)

+ Project Name

+ Project Group

Project Runs:

+ Project Run Id (PK)

+ Project Id (FK to Project table)

Task Runs:

+ Task Run Id (PK)

+ Project Run Id (FK to Project Runs)

+ Task Id (FK to Tasks)

Tasks:

+ Task Id

+ Task Name

+ Task Group

So, relationships:

+ Project to Project Runs: 1:*

+ Project Runs to Task Runs: 1:*

+ Task Runs to Tasks: *:1

+ Not explicitly stated, but project to tasks is 1:*

I have Projects in a hierarchy slicer and displaying Tasks in my grid (which includes some stats about Task Runs using DAX calculated measures), filtered by the hierarchy slicer. I want to display the related task runs when you select a task from the grid (which works on the same page, but not on a separate page). Using Task Id, Task Name, etc. all give me the "When used as a category" dropdown)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.