cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Table header showing wrong number of values

I am working on someone's project. The table heading in the Power BI desktop is showing the wrong total number of items. As in the figure, there is just 1 item in the table but in the table heading it's showing 2. I looked at the format option but couldn't find the solution. Did anyone get the solution for this? Thank you

question.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Binaya77 , Try like

New Projects = CALCULATE(
SUMX(values( 'Projects (2)'[project code &]),'Projects (2)'[Value]),
FILTER( 'Projects (2)', 'Projects (2)'[Created] >= MIN( Workday[Date] ) && 'Projects (2)'[Created] <= MAX( Workday[Date] ))
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Would it be possible for you to share the pbix file as we need to trace from where the header is coming and see the logic applied  to calculate the number. Ideally it should be in sync with the logic that has been applied to get the table values

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can you advise what logic has been applied on to show the number of items in the header? 

checked everywhere but couldn't find the logic. The following DAX formula is used to get the value in the table:

SUM( 'Projects (2)'[Value]),
FILTER( 'Projects (2)', 'Projects (2)'[Created] >= MIN( Workday[Date] ) && 'Projects (2)'[Created] <= MAX( Workday[Date] ))
)

And this formula returns just a single item in the table but table header is showing 2.

@Binaya77 , Try like

SUMX(values( 'Projects (2)'[project code &]),'Projects (2)'[Value]),
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Wave Release 2

Check out the updates in Power BI.

Overview of Power BI 2020 release wave 2!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors