Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hnowotny17
Helper I
Helper I

Table from several datasources

Hello,

I am trying to create sell-out dashboard from several different data sources. (each data source = 1 customer).  

Data sources has database structure, but the structure is not always exactly same. (Cleaned in Power Pivot).

From the data sources I need few important information: Product code, month, year, sell out quantity. (all of the data sources has this information).

Then I have on source with conversion table, which converts product code into category, description, etc – so I use parameter “product code” to create relationship between tables.

As I already used 1 parameter to merge the sources - then I can´t make a table in the dashboard, with “product code” in the row and “sell out quantity” in the columns from all of the customers as it only count “sell out quantity” from only 1 selected customer.  

Does someone has any idea, how to create the table with sell out data from all customers?

Thank you a lot,

Jan N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have done some modeling to create common date, retailer and product code dimension.

Please find the attached solution

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Caz_16
Helper II
Helper II

Jan,

Its a little hard to follow your explantion. Could you throw a pbix. onto Google Drive or some other sharing platform and reply with the link so someone can take a look at your data model?

Be sure to clean confidential data from the model or just recreate a simple example before uploading. 

Hello,

Thank you @Caz_16 , @parry2k , @amitchandak for your willingness to help me with this case.

I´ve created the file with distorted business data. If anyone will have a moment, I will more then appriciate it. My question about visualisation is inside the file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xEpspWik_4rj8f-GfdzVqIMPcFr4UxNj/view?usp=sharing

Many thanks again for you help.

Have a nice day,

Jan N.

I have done some modeling to create common date, retailer and product code dimension.

Please find the attached solution

Hope this will help.

Dear @amitchandak,

thank you very much for your help.

Your model perfectly helped me to solve my issue.

Again, many thanks and have a nice day!

Jan N

@hnowotny17 totally agree with @Caz_16 , very hard to follow, provide sample data with screen shots and all the business process/logic you are doing to understand what is going on and also make sure to provide what you are actually looking for.

Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.