Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table formatting

Good Evening! I'm a new member but love Power BI! I'm hoping that someone can help me with a problem that I ran into. A simple fix that I can't seem to find is how to take a table that is situated vertically and transpose it horizontally. I'm not looking to take the tabular data and transpose it and bring it into the power bi desktop but actually take a table with fields setup to be displayed horizontally. I have not found where disability exist so far. If it does not exist then I'm on to the next question of how to build a measure that will provide me with the top three customers for sales during the year. (I've been trying the TOPN Filtering method bot can not seem to make it into what I need.) If not, I will also have to build two other functions with a filter inside of the measure. The second one will have to exclude the top customer and sales for the year and the third function would have to exclude the talk to customers in sales for the year. Tell only been working in power bi for a few months but I'm hoping someone has a solution for me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a work around solution.  If I change from a Table to a Matrix Visualization, I can take the Customer Value and move it from the ROWS designation to the COLUMN designation and it gives me the horizontal format. -- Just wish I would have found it earlier but late is better than never.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again.  Before I go into a more complicated and in depth way of trying to solve the problem through coding I would like to see if there is a formatting solution.  Is there any way to change a table visual from being setup with a vertical alighnment to a horizontal setup?  As in I don't want the header in Cell A1 and the Data from Cell A2 through A4, I want to display the header in Cell A1 and the data in Cell B1, C1 and D1--- if you are looking at it from a grid perspective.  I have searched and do not see any visuals that display the data horizontally and in a table format.  Do any exist or do you know of how to chage a table visual to a horizontal display?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a work around solution.  If I change from a Table to a Matrix Visualization, I can take the Customer Value and move it from the ROWS designation to the COLUMN designation and it gives me the horizontal format. -- Just wish I would have found it earlier but late is better than never.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.