Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table filtering options - delete rows with specific text

Hello,

I was wondering if there is some easy way how to filter table in the advanced filtering mode for text, when I don´t want to keep some rows?

I have table with different combinations of channels (direct, email, paid search etc) and campaigns (1,2,3). My problem is that I want PowerBI to not show me Paid search for campaign 3. So far I am doing it by the advanced search method, but there I would have fill the rows that I WANT TO KEEP. So is there an option on how can I easily unfilter just rows with paid search and campaign 3?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can deal with it in Power Query Editor:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSjYwVNJRSsksSk0uATIMlWJ1QIJGQHZqbmJmDpKYMZBdkJiZolCcmliUnIEkY4JshBFU0BTJCJiYGYYRMBlzZCOMoYIWSEbAxCwxjADKxAIA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [customer = _t, #"combinations of channels" = _t, campaigns = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"customer", type text}, {"combinations of channels", type text}, {"campaigns", Int64.Type}}),
    #"FilteredRows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each not(Text.Contains([combinations of channels], "paid search") and [campaigns] = 3))
in
    #"FilteredRows"

yingyinr_0-1634632985041.png

In addition, you can refer the solution in the following links to get it.

"Does Not Contain" text filter filters too much

Power Query Filter Rows by NOT Contains Criteria - Single Formula Solution

Select Rows if text Contains (Value of a list)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can deal with it in Power Query Editor:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSjYwVNJRSsksSk0uATIMlWJ1QIJGQHZqbmJmDpKYMZBdkJiZolCcmliUnIEkY4JshBFU0BTJCJiYGYYRMBlzZCOMoYIWSEbAxCwxjADKxAIA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [customer = _t, #"combinations of channels" = _t, campaigns = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"customer", type text}, {"combinations of channels", type text}, {"campaigns", Int64.Type}}),
    #"FilteredRows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each not(Text.Contains([combinations of channels], "paid search") and [campaigns] = 3))
in
    #"FilteredRows"

yingyinr_0-1634632985041.png

In addition, you can refer the solution in the following links to get it.

"Does Not Contain" text filter filters too much

Power Query Filter Rows by NOT Contains Criteria - Single Formula Solution

Select Rows if text Contains (Value of a list)

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Based on what I got

If you want to completely remove those. Filter those out in the power query.

If you want at page or all page level then use filter pane for that

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and is there an easy way how to filter it? So far I am doing through the advanced filtering options and putting down all the rows I want to keep, which is a bit time consuming.

Select the visual and add the fields for channel and campaign to the filters for the visual. Then select Paid for channel and 3 for campaign in the corresponding filters. 
You can use this method for reports pages or the whole report (you will see the options in the filter pane). However, if it is for the whole report, it is best to filter the tables in Power Query instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.