Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Table filter and slicer - how to make table filter change slicer selection

Problem:

I have a slicer with user status options, and I have 3 tables showing a user status for different purposes. When I select data from the slicer the tables return only selected data; - GOOD!

Problem: if I select an option in a table - slicer doesn't change (probably it's ok) but then if I use slicer only 1 table updates showing correct selection, all other tables showing nothing

user status selected in the tableuser status selected in the table

then slicer applied and 2 out of 3 tables return nothing

2-select from slicer.PNG

clicking on the value in the table makes other tables to display it too (showing slicer's selection)

3-clicking on cell brings values back to other tables.PNG

Removing slicer selection returns previously applied selection on the table, so I cannot change table selection with the slicer if it was applied via table itself (hope its not confusing  Smiley Very Happy)

All data comes from the same dataset.

IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have made a test but couldn't reproduce your issue. Is enterprise a column name or a value that column? Could you share some sample data and which column are the slicer based on? 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so after the playing around (I am still new!) was noted that slicers on top of the reports are messing with calculations and other filters, such as a row selection in the table. I used DAX for filters to make at least it work with all calculations, however, the issue is still valid:

when I select a row in the table the slicer doesn't reflect that change - i don't know if it should though

slicer and table use the same dataset

slicer-table.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.