Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snoopyine
Frequent Visitor

Table Visualization

Hi,

I have a little problem and I hope someboday can helb me.

I need the following sheet

Year 2017                      Year 2018

Costs  | Sales  | EBIT   || Costs  | Sales  | EBIT   || 

Product No 1  | Name 1  |

Product No 2  | Name 2  |

My problem is when I use the visual "tabel" , then I see only the Product No or the name, but no both. And the visual "matrix" don't help too.

Thank for your help

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @snoopyine,

It seems that matrix is the visualization what you want. I made some data to create the visual below.

Untitled.png

To create the visualization above, you should put your fields in the places highlighted in red and do drill down. You also should turn off the Stepped layout in Row headers like below.

Untitled1.png

In addition, you could refer to my test pbix file.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks 🙂 

I don't turn off the Stepped layout in Row headers 😕  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdave
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have a datatable with client number, date, balance etc.  What I want to do is make a table with Rows as Client Number, Data, Balance. 

ClientNumber X

Date 1/1/1900

Balance $230

but while using visualization - Table, it puts values as Client Number, Date, Balance as column and I can't change it.

Like:

ClientNumber Date           Balance

X                      1/1/1900   $230

Matrix doesn't help.  Why is it so hard in Power BI to swap Rows and Columns in table?  I don't want to unpivot the data in query editor.  This is visualization thing.  Any suggestion?  explanation?

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @snoopyine,

It seems that matrix is the visualization what you want. I made some data to create the visual below.

Untitled.png

To create the visualization above, you should put your fields in the places highlighted in red and do drill down. You also should turn off the Stepped layout in Row headers like below.

Untitled1.png

In addition, you could refer to my test pbix file.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks 🙂 

I don't turn off the Stepped layout in Row headers 😕  

jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The matrix sounds like what you want, you just need to put your various fields in the right places and then drill down until you get to see it in the format you want

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.