Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

millwardt
Frequent Visitor

Table Visual Capitalising Text in some rows

I have a PowerBI dataflow extracting data from an Oracle database, and the Description column of the data contains values such as:

Boundary Road

When viewing this in the 'Transform Data' windows of PowerBI Desktop, the capitalisation remains as expected, however when the field is added to a table visual for some rows it is being replaced with all capitals, e.g:

BOUNDARY ROAD

I dont seem to be able to find any reason as to why this is happening or configuration to disable this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @millwardt , 

Since you are not sure why it is happening, I would suggest that you try explicitly setting the format of the column to sentence case using the Transform Query option by selecting the Description Column. Screenshot below showing the same

Thejeswar_0-1643890799793.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
millwardt
Frequent Visitor

I'm afraid Sentence Case isnt suitable for my use case - I need the capitalisation to exactly match that in the source system.  Is there any known reason why this might be happening in PowerBI randomly?  (I do not explicitly perform any functions on the text to change this).

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @millwardt , 

Since you are not sure why it is happening, I would suggest that you try explicitly setting the format of the column to sentence case using the Transform Query option by selecting the Description Column. Screenshot below showing the same

Thejeswar_0-1643890799793.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.