Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pm_PowerBI

Table View vs Query Editor Inconsistent Result

I have created a custom column in the query editor on import of the data. In the query editor the calculation is validated. 

When I close and apply and inspect the data in the table view I see a different result for the same row that I just validated in the column that should be a pure import from the query. 

When I go further and apply a filter in the table view to specify the row by a index number (Trans_no) the calculated column that previously was incorrect has corrected itself.

What am I doing wrong? I thought that the query editor was transacting on a single row not across the table like a dax calculate with filter criteria. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pm_PowerBI

What custom column do you create in the query editor?

How do you apply a filter in the table view to specify the row by a index number?

What's the wrong result and the correct result?

We need detailed information for analysis purpose.

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to see your data and the formula you use for the custom column. Please share more details to analyze.

Thanks

Raj

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.