Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nusc
Helper II
Helper II

Table Relationships

omg4.JPGomg5.JPGomg6.JPG

The first table represents Day 1, the second Day 2.

If I were to import this data in PowerBI in a clustered column chart, I first need to find a relationship between the two tables.

I tried relating by Category, however when I click on say the blue bar for Racer 1, it selects both orange and blue but for that Name only (racer 1) and not the just the blue bar.

How should the relationships be done?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I was able to create the column in both tables.

When I try to merge them: Data->Edit Queries->Edit Queries->Merge Queries->Merge as New->Full Outer Join

It doesn't show the second table and the entry that is created appears as blank.

Do I merge or append?

Append Worked.

View solution in original post

Hello @Nusc

you have to use the 'Append' option which corresponds to the SQL UNION ALL operator.

The 'Merge' option is the equivalent of the different types of JOIN which is not what you want to do in this case.

Did I answer your question correctly? Mark my answer as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LivioLanzo
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Nusc

within your query, you just need to append both tables together and add an additional column categorizing each table as 'Day 1' for the first table, 'Day 2' for the second table

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

I was able to create the column in both tables.

When I try to merge them: Data->Edit Queries->Edit Queries->Merge Queries->Merge as New->Full Outer Join

It doesn't show the second table and the entry that is created appears as blank.

Do I merge or append?

Append Worked.

Hello @Nusc

you have to use the 'Append' option which corresponds to the SQL UNION ALL operator.

The 'Merge' option is the equivalent of the different types of JOIN which is not what you want to do in this case.

Proud to be a Datanaut!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.