Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StuartSmith
Power Participant
Power Participant

Table - Only show rows where they have empty cells.

I have been asked to create a report for users to view any dataset records that have missing data. I have tried using filters, but if I try multiple filters, it will only display rows that meet both filter conditions. 

As an example, if I have a table similar to the below and I filter "Floor" as "Blank" and "Users" as "Blank", I want to see "UK" and "Germany", but the filter displays nothing as no row has both rows with "Blank" in "Users" and "Floors".

CountryCityFloorsUsersOther
UKLondon 7N/A
GermanyBerlin2 N/A
USWashington49N/A
UAEDubai 58N/A

So the table should show...

CountryCityFloorsUsersOther
UKLondon 7N/A
GermanyBerlin2 N/A

How can I get all rows showing that have empty cells? plus one other condition, if a column contains a "0", it should also display as"0" is a default value and needs to be updated to an actual value.

Hope that makes sense.

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @StuartSmith ,

You can create a measure for visual level filter

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(MAX('Table'[Floors])) || ISBLANK(MAX('Table'[Users])),1,0)

Capture2.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@StuartSmith , Create two measure like this and use with other un summarised columns

Floors = if( not(isblank(sum(table[Floors]))) && not(isblank(sum(table[Users]))), blank(), sum(Table[Floors]))

Users = if( not(isblank(sum(table[Floors]))) && not(isblank(sum(table[Users]))), blank(), sum(Table[Users]))

Please provide your feedback comments and advice for new videos
Tutorial Series Dax Vs SQL Direct Query PBI Tips
Appreciate your Kudos.

Sorry, where i tried to simplify my table example, I forgot to mention that most columns will be string types and therefore your example produces a unable to display visual error due to "Sum" not working with strings.

I will try to adapt your solution, but any futher advise would be great.  

Also, protentially, it could involve 10 columns that need to be checked for blanks, dont know if this will cause issues.

Hi @StuartSmith ,

You can create a measure for visual level filter

Measure = IF(ISBLANK(MAX('Table'[Floors])) || ISBLANK(MAX('Table'[Users])),1,0)

Capture2.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.