Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ben15

Table/Matrix changes based on measure formula

Dear community,

I am trying to calculate the forecast accuracy of three products, and I have observed some strange behavior that I can't explain.

The data

I have two input tables: Forecasts and Metadata. Forecasts contains the forecasts and the demands of three products (A, B, and C) for three time periods (1, 2, and 3). It also contains a column with the absolute deviation between the columns Demand and Forecast:

11.png

The second table, Metadata, contains additional information about the size of the products:

22.png

The two tables are linked by Article No:

33.png

The problem

I experience a problem when I try to show aggregated values and a calculated measure alongside the metadata in a table or matrix. 

In the first step, which still works as expected, I show the products (A, B, and C), the aggregated deviations, the sizes (from Metadata), and an error measure. The formula of the measure is Error = SUM(Forecasts[Absolute Deviation]) / SUM(Forecasts[Demand]).

44.png

But here comes the problem: Since I am more interested in an accuracy measure than an error measure, I would like to subtract the error from 1. But once I change the formula of my measure to 

Error = 1 - SUM(Forecasts[Absolute Deviation]) / SUM(Forecasts[Demand]), my table breaks and now looks like this:
55.png

I would love to learn what's going on here and how I can fix it!

Thank you for your help,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ben15 

According to your pictures, I created the same data tables as yours, and I created this measure and place the columns like this, you can take a look:

Error =

var _error=DIVIDE(SUM(Forecasts[Absolute Deviation]),SUM(Forecasts[Demand]))

return 1-_error

v-robertq-msft_0-1606118321844.png

And I guess this is what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @ben15 

According to your pictures, I created the same data tables as yours, and I created this measure and place the columns like this, you can take a look:

Error =

var _error=DIVIDE(SUM(Forecasts[Absolute Deviation]),SUM(Forecasts[Demand]))

return 1-_error

v-robertq-msft_0-1606118321844.png

And I guess this is what you want.

You can download my test pbix file here

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@ben15 

please try use the article no column from metadata table.

1.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.