Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PranshuJ
Frequent Visitor

Table 'LocalDateTable_2a2cf38a' with ShowAsVariationsOnly property set to '1' must be a target of

I am stuck with one of my reports. The model in my pbix is a mix of Excel Files and MySQL database tables. I created a query table using Union/Selectcolumns from these tables and it was all working fine. Now if I try and make any change to the table query it starts popping this error 

Table 'LocalDateTable_2a2cf38a-7f01-4d5d-a76f-30eba6ecc9f3' with ShowAsVariationsOnly property set to '1' must be a target of a variation when variation notation is enabled.

I tried everything including one previously shared solution from 2018 that suggests turning off Auto Date/Time in file Data Load and turning it on. When I turn it on I get the similar error message that mostly quotes the error mentioned above with "Unable to make changes to server"

Have put in a lot of effort into this file already and am kinda stuck here for a day now. 

Cheers

Pranshu

6 REPLIES 6
Pomiro

I had a similar error. I solved it by removing the source that uses DirectQuery. Apparently the table was updated in it, and because of this an error occurred

alpacaMan
Frequent Visitor

I got this error when I was trying to change the dataset (Salesforce Report) in a premade report.  I was also changing the Table Name in the prosess for consistancy and clarity.  I believe this was causing this issue.  Once I left the Table Name as what it was originally I was able to refresh the data without getting the error.

If I try to change Table Name outside the QueryEditor the error appears again.

Hope this helps someone.

az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @PranshuJ 

try a solution from here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Data-Modeling-Help-ShowAsVariationOnly-Error/td-p/226859

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn
PranshuJ
Frequent Visitor

tried this one and was able to unselect the "Auto Date Time" but when I turn it on I get the same error message and that it is unable to make changes to the serverOrders.png

hi @PranshuJ 

Please update your Power BI desktop to the latest version to try it again. If the issue still occur, kindly create a support ticket for help of you are a pro user.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @PranshuJ were you able to fix this? I am having the same issue! #help ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.