cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMcCarthy9
Helper IV
Helper IV

Table Formatting - Centered Values, Different Color Column Headers

This seems like it should be doable, yet I cannot figure it out. 

I have a table with multiple columns. I would like to color the column headers in different colors according to their grouping AND I would also like to center the column header and the values. 

Under Formatting - Values, there is no option for alignment. Under Formatting - Specific Column there are the options for alignment and to assign a background color and choose to apply it to column header and values. I want the alignment applied to both, but color only applied to column header. 

Is this doable?? 

Thank you!! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-kalyj-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KMcCarthy9 ,

According to your description, I create a sample.

vkalyjmsft_0-1656913532340.png

Here're two columns. If you want to color the Column1 header and center the column header and values for both columns, here's my solution.

1. In the Formatting pane>Specific column, select Column2 in the Series box, turn on the Apply to header and Apply to values option, select black in the Text color and checked the Alignment.

vkalyjmsft_1-1656915038464.png

But for Column1, except the text color remains the same, the rest of the settings are the same as Column2.

vkalyjmsft_3-1656915444488.png

2.In the Formatting pane>Column headers>Text, choose the color you want Column1 to render, get the result:

vkalyjmsft_4-1656915679247.png

I attach my sample below for reference.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, Thank you for the response, however I don't beleive this solves my issue. 

I am looking for the background color of the column headers to be different colors, not the text. I could use your method and switch out background color for text color, but the option under Column Headers assigns the same color to all column headers, when ideally I want to color them differently depending on the data source (ie first 4 columns - background red, next 6 columns - background blue, etc). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
September Update

Check it Out!

Click here to learn more about the September 2022 updates!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 26

New Date - Check it Out!

Mark your calendars and join us on Thursday, October 6 at 11a PDT for a great session with Ted Pattison!

Top Solution Authors